The ideal choice for applications requiring screws & bolts with both high torque transfer capabilities and low head height.
The external hex drive allows high torque transmission, but can fail quickly due to weaknesses inherent in its design.
External TORX PLUS® low-profile head drive system is engineered to provide optimal torque transfer and extended tool life, with a head height similar to hex or pan head fasteners.
- Hex flange head or pan head bearing surface
- 0° drive angle
- Lobe engagement spreads forces over large area to prevent stress risers that cause tool and fastener damage
- Higher torque transfer capability than corresponding internal recesses
- Drive system strength 5 to 6 times greater than normal seating torque
- Head height is similar to hex or pan head screws or bolts
- Lower head volume (weight) than hex and pan head fasteners (18% and 41% respectively)
- Provides high strength and torque capability in a low-profile head
- Ensures optimal torque transmission and clamp load
- Allows high torque transfer without damage to fastener
- Minimizes space required to accomodate head height
- Excellent high-torque drive system for miniature fasteners
- Reduces wear on drive tools for extended tool life
- Fastener Sizes: M0.6 to M24 (#0000 to 1″)
- Head Styles: Dome or indented head with hex flange or pan head bearing surface
- Thread Styles: Can be used with any thread style
- Note: Special sockets are required.