These thread forming screws combine a unique tri-lobular body with a 48° thread profile to maximize performance and reliability in softer thermoplastics.
The Plastite® 48 screw combines a unique tri-lobular body with a 48° thread profile to maximize performance and reliability. Two thread-forming styles are available to meet the specific requirements of a wide range of thermoplastics.
- Tri-roundular configuration that allows displaced material to cold flow back into releif areas.
- 48° profile allows thread to penetrate deeply into plastic material
- Twin lead design and steep helix angle provide greater shear in soft plastics
- Reduces possibility of boss failure
- Increases product reliability
- Eliminates need for inserts and lock washers
- Minimizes radial stress
- Allows design of thinner bosses
- Generates strong mating threads
- Resists vibration loostening
- Reduces probability of strip-out and pull-out
- Increases holding power
- Allows faster seating of fastener
- Sizes: #00 – 5/16″; other sizes may be available upon request
- Head Styles: Can be used with any external or internal head designs; pan, hex washer, and flat styles standard
- Drive System: Can use any system, including TORX PLUS® Drive
- Finish: As required