These thread forming screws combine a unique tri-lobular body with a 45° thread profile to maximize performance and reliability in thermoplastics.
The Plastite® 45 screw is designed to facilitate thread-forming in less-compressible plastics while providing high resistance to strip-out and pull-out. It has smaller root and major diameters than a 45° Plastite®, so it can be used in smaller bosses.
- Tri-roundular configuration that allows displaced material to cold flow back into releif areas.
- 45° profile allows thread to penetrate deeply into plastic material
- Single lead design and narrow helix angle lowers drive torque and failure torque in stiffer plastics
- Reduces possibility of boss failure
- Increases product reliability
- Eliminates need for inserts and lock washers
- Minimizes radial stress
- Allows design of thinner bosses
- Generates strong mating threads
- Resists vibration loostening
- Reduces probability of strip-out and pull-out
- Achieves wide differentials between drive and fail torque
- Creates less stress on the boss
- Sizes: #2 – 3/8″; other sizes may be available upon request
- Head Styles: Can be used with any external or internal head designs; pan, hex washer, and flat styles standard
- Drive System: Can use any system, including TORX PLUS® Drive
- Finish: As required