These thread forming screws with dual spaced threads allow increased thread engagement in softer thermoplastics.
The high thread height and wide thread spacing of the DST (Dual-Spaced Thread) fastener allows increased thread engagement in softer thermoplastics, increasing resistance to pull-out and improving product performance.
- High thread with a 30° flank angle
- Smaller minor diameter
- Greater shear area
- Shank slot for thread-cutting can be added
- Requires lower driving torque
- Reduces cracking of boss
- Allows use of smaller bosses
- Increases thread engagement
- Increases resistance to pull-out
- Thread Style: High thread with a 30° profile and low thread with 60° profile
- Head Styles: Pan, hex, flat, oval, hex washer
- Drive Systems: All styles available; TORX PLUS® Drive System recommended
- Point Style: Blunt, gimlet, pilot