Self tapping screws engineered to minimize debris generation when tapping into conventional magnesium die-castings and other low-ductile materials.
Applied Solutions, Mag-Form® Success Story
Flyer (243 KB)
Fastening Solutions Catalog (2,399 KB)
Standard thread-forming screws with a 60° flank angle create excess debris when driven into low-ductile materials. They can easily exceed the ductility limits of the material, causing damage to the formed threads.
Mag-Form® screws are specifically designed with a broader flank angle to eliminate tapping operations while forming strong threads in conventional magnesium die-castings and similar materials. The design also minimizes debris, making Mag-Form® fasteners the optimal solution for critical applications such as electronics and air bag modules.
- Lobular Configuration
- Wide-spaced thread design
- Broad flank angle compresses, rather than roll-forms, threads into the mating material
- Minimizes debris generation
- Forms strong threads in low-ductile materials
- Easily removed and reinserted for service in the field
Standard 60° Flank Angle
May exceed ductility limit of the material,
causing damage to formed threads
Compressive action forms strong
threads in low-ductile materials
- Sizes: MG1.0 to MG16
- Thread Design: Wide-spaced thread with broad flank angle
- Head Design: Can be used with any external or internal head designs
- Drive System: Can be used with all systems, including the TORX PLUS® Drive System
- Finish: Zinc and chromate to minimize galvanic corrosion