Maximizes performance in joints that must accommodate expansion and contraction due to creep and in-service load relaxation.
Thermal expansion, creep and material relaxation cause application materials to expand or contract. These dimensional changes can result in the loss of clamp in the joint members. A bolt that can accommodate these changes while maintaining the integrity of the application is needed.
The design of the bolt and sleeve assembly by Acument® maximizes fastening performance in these applications while minimizing in-place costs.
- Cold formed bolt with roll-formed threads
- Captivated sliding sleeve with resilient grommet
- Bolt/sleeve meet strength levels up to P.C.10.9
- Custom-engineered to desired compression load and distance requirements
- Manufacturing method minimizes damage to grommet
- Accommodates vertical movement of joint components caused by in-service conditions, including load relaxation and thermal expansion
- Can be used with nonparallel joint surfaces
- Minimizes damage to the top surface of the joint
- Accommodates tolerance variations in components
- Engineering changes in sleeve length easily and quickly accommodated
- No added costs for tooling changes for varying sleeve lengths
- No special tooling required for installation
- Fastener Sizes: M4 – M12; lengths and washer sizes as required by application
- Head Styles: as required
- Thread Styles: as required
- Drive System: TORX PLUS® Drive, external hex; others available upon request
- Point Options: dog point, header point, Acupoint® feature; others as required
- Materials: low carbon steel; others available upon request