Quality Audit Review
Acument is required by worldwide trademark laws to provide for a means of controlling the quality of our trademarked products made by licensees. We do this by auditing samples of TORX® products produced by licensees. Sample fasteners, drive tools, and header tools are inspected to ensure they meet the specifications for quality and workmanship as called out in our standards. A majority of the licensees receive a 100% audit. Licensees not receiving 100% on their samples are provided with recommendations to resolve the issues creating the failed audit. After the defects are corrected, audit samples are sent in to verify the corrective action. It is our goal for all licenses to achieve 100% inspection rates on their audits.
While there are many items that could cause failure of the samples in an audit, it is our experience that most fastener licensees’ with audit rejections, usually have either excess fallaway in the recess or no trademark evident on the recess. Drive tool licensees’ audit failures are due mainly to the torsional strength being below the minimum allowed. Heading tool licensees’ main cause for rejection is due to the punch pin body diameter W being out of spec. This can create problems in the proper assembly of the punch pin and holder.
TORX® Audit Procedure
Acument reserves the right to change this audit policy at any time.
TORX® Fastener Audit Policy
- Submit 10 pieces of current part numbers in production (maximum of five part numbers).
- If the percentage acceptance falls below 100%, we will advise the reasons for disapproval, along with suggestions for corrections of any defects in quality.
- TORX®Fastener audit samples must have the appropriate visible trademark.
- Internal TORX fasteners T15 and larger
- External TORX fasteners E8 and larger
TORX® Drive Tool Audit Policy
- Submit five pieces of current part numbers in production (maximum of five part numbers).
- If the percentage acceptance falls below 100%, we shall advise the reason for disapproval.
- TORX®Drive Tool audit samples must have the appropriate trademark.
- Drive size required on drive tool
- The word TORX® and/or the licensee name or logo
- When submitting screwdriver blades, one trademarked handle per sample lot must be submitted
TORX® Heading Tool Audit Policy
- Submit five pieces of current part numbers in production (maximum five part numbers) ALL PARTS WILL BE RETURNED TO THE LICENSEE AFTER INSPECTION.
- If the percentage acceptance falls below 100%, we shall advise the reason for disapproval along with suggestions for corrections of any defects in quality.
- TORX®Header Tool audit samples must have the appropriate visible trademark.
- Internal TORX® heading tools T15 and larger
- External TORX® heading tools E8 and larger
- Re-submission will also be required should the TORX® configuration not meet the standards.
|EXTERNAL PUNCH INSERT